Information That We Collect
When you setup your registration for SMAT, you’ll be asked few questions in order to help SMAT create user account for you. The device may collect your postal/ZIP code through GPS coordinates.
Information shared on the App by user while creating an user account.
Depending on how Users/Members use the App, we may ask Users/Members to share personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) with us. Whether you choose to share your Personal Information is completely up to you, but you must keep in mind that you may not be able to access some of the areas of the App as effectively and fully use the services we offer on the App without sharing adequate Personal Information. Personal information will be used for only those purposes to which the individual has consented with the following exceptions, as permitted under the Federal Trade Commission Act (15 U.S.C. §§41-58) (FTC Act) of United States. Personal Information includes any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate the Users. Below are some of the situations wherein Users Personal Information is collected:
- Account Information. Users may register on App and share their standard contact information. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address verification and telephone number, birth date, city, gender; other kind of identifying information. If you chat with other Merchants Users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us at our customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication. SMAT does not knowingly stores or saves any kind of personal information you share with other Users
- We may collect Users/Members email address to send them account confirmations, notifications for alerts, and to provide services to Users in connection with the App. Subject to Users consent, we may also send to Users promotional emails, such as monthly newsletters regarding the properties and new service offerings;
- We also collect Users Personal Information for administrative purposes, such as addressing account and troubleshooting App issues, investigating abuse on the App, responding to User enquiries and enforcing and applying our Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our App or correspondence that is sent to us.
- Information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device.
- The App is uploading users’ phone number, installed application information, and credit card and bank information via Stripe SDK to support payment processing and/or payouts.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide us:
- To enable Merchants to deliver products/items on your doorstep
- To present our App and its contents to you.
- To provide, develop and improve SMAT and its services, including to make assessments and recommendations about products, safety.
- We may also use this information in an aggregated, non-identified form for research purposes and to help us make sales, marketing, and business decisions.
- To provide you with information, services that you request from us.
- To notify about changes of our App or any services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our App.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
SMAT App uses IP addresses for systems administration purposes. IP addresses are not used to track a User’s session. This information only helps us determine how often different areas of our App are visited and the city in which the User is located. We do not link IP address to any information that is personally identifiable.
We may share the Personal Information we collect with our Merchants for enabling you to receive better recommendations for services. The information submitted by users is used only for internal purposes.
However, we may also release Personal Information or other information we collect, if we believe that such action is necessary to: (I) comply with legal requirements and processes; (II) identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who are or we believe have caused or might cause injury to us or a third party; (III) defend or respond to claims brought or threatened against us, our employees, service providers, users of our Services or others; (IV) vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions or (V) otherwise to protect, assert rights, interests of SMAT and of our employees, service providers, Users of the Services or others. Any such release decisions may be made by us in our sole discretion.
While we try to be selective in working with third parties, we are not responsible for their use of your personal information.
In addition, since member information on our App is a business asset, in case we are reorganized or sold to or merged with another company, we may sell, assign, or transfer your personal information to a purchaser of all or substantially all of our business assets, or to an affiliate, as applicable.
If you visit our App, we may collect information via cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your mobile device when you use our certain browser based features. They are stored by your Internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your Internet use. Your browser sends these cookies back to the App/website every time you revisit it, so it can recognize your mobile device and personalize and improve your App experience.
To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our Server.
To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our App and on other App across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function so that your browser will not accept cookies. Please be aware that disabling this function may impact your use and enjoyment of our service.
Opting Out or Unsubscribe.
We collect your name and e-mail address for the purpose of distributing our daily, weekly or monthly newsletter service. The e-mail address provided will be used for delivery of information you have requested from this App.
The information we collect is used expressly to provide the services requested. It is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. We will never sell or rent your email address for any reason.
To unsubscribe from our emails or other communication from us, you may follow the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or sign onto your account and change settings.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information. You may email us to make a request. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 also permits the users under 18 to request the obtain or removal of any content/information the user has made public. However, we do not ensure the complete removal of the information there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
SMAT is based in United States, and, regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in United States or other countries. Note that the laws, regulations and standards of the country in which this information is stored may be different from your own country. By using our Services, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in United States and other countries.
We offer you the option of linking your social networking (such as Google+ and Facebook) and email accounts (such as Gmail) with your SMAT Account.
How Long Is This Data Stored For?
We retain your data as long as your account subsists with us. However, it may be noted that on closure of the account the data with us does not get deleted immediately. In the event you desire immediate deletion of your data you may email us to that effect.
Our Services are not intended for or directed to children. Children under 18 are not eligible to use our Services. Our policies are compliant with the (15 U.S.C. §§6501-6506) of United States of America. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 13 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an account and purchase the Services advertised through our Apps. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children younger than the age of 18, we will take reasonable measures to delete or destroy such information from our records.
Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulations
If you are a member of the EU, you have the following rights:
Request More Information: You can request more information about the data we collect should you wish to learn more or for any reason. Or if you wish to make a complaint.
Access Any Data We’ve Collected: You can request to see exactly what data we have collected that is of a personally identifiable nature.
Update Any Data We’ve Collected: You may request that any or all of personally identifiable information we have collected be rectified, modified or otherwise updated.
Delete Any or All Data We’ve Collected: You may request that any or all of personally identifiable information we have collected be deleted and removed from our records.
Withdraw Your Consent to The Collection and Use of Your Data: You may withdraw your consent to the collection of your data at any time
In order to exercise any of these rights, simply contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. and we will reply within 365 days to process your request.